Pages

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
- Jules de Gaultier

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Poetry

So, as I mentioned in the last post, I'm going to share some of my poetry with you. I've pretty much always liked coming up with little rhymes which, as I got older, developed into poetry. For a little while I lapsed in my poetry writing, I guess I just forgot that I liked it so much. I don't know why. Anyway, I've started writing again because one of my close friends likes poetry too, and inspired me to start again. Here's one of my recent poems:


 A sea of light and wonder washes over me
A breeze of love and laughter
Whispers through the trees
All of these things I see
And I can’t quite believe
That this beauty belongs to me

All the stars in the sky
Twinkle brightly at night
And the moon shines upon the earth
Nothing can quite compare
To all the wondrous beauty here
Everything has enormous worth

So I quietly stand amazed
Holding a steady gaze
Admiring all that is mine
The beauty and grace
Contained in this place
Shall endure until the end of time


So yeah, haha I also had to write a sonnet for school, so I'll post it too:


I wish I could be a bird in the sky,
Flying above the dreary earth below.
With my beautiful feathered wings, I'd fly,
Up towards the gorgeous golden sun's bright glow.

I feel freedom in the empty night air.
The moon's reflection on still, dark water
Makes me imagine a girl, tall and fair
As if earth and heaven had a daughter.

I wish I were that lovely, ghostly girl
Who finds freedom waiting for her at night
She has nature to hold her as she twirls
And for her, everything is alright.

I see these visions dancing in my dreams,
And nothing is ever quite what it seems.


And that concludes my poetry post, I may share some more of my poetry another time. Until next we meet, farewell :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment